Dear ACA Member,
Thank you for your interest in the ACA Daily Meditation Book Project. The enthusiasm our members have shown for this project is remarkable. ACA members are encouraged to participate by writing meditation entries that illustrate ACA's program of recovery.
The Meditation Project Working Group, an ad hoc subcommittee of the ACA WSO Literature Committee, held a teleconference group conscience meeting and decided on the general project parameters listed below. Our goal is to collect, review and ready submissions for presentation to the 2013 Annual Business Conference in Denmark.
Guidelines for participation in this project are as follows:
- To protect ACA WSO from any claims, each writer is required to sign and mail a Copyright Release Form to ACA WSO's office, thereby making all submissions the property of the ACA WSO. Go to http://www.adultchildren.org/lit/Meditation_Release_Form.pdf to print a copy of this form.
- After we receive the Copyright Release Form, we will ask you to make a commitment to write a certain number of meditations per week or per month. Even though our target is 3-5 per week, we will be more than happy to accept whatever writing commitment you are able to make.
- To ensure that all aspects of the ACA program are covered, all writers are asked to select their topics from the BRB Index. Please contact Mary Jo, the Meditation Project Trusted Servant, at email@example.com to make sure your topic has not been already used. You can download a copy of the index at http://www.adultchildren.org/wsobook/acaindex.pdf.
- As many meditations as possible will be published in the Comline so that the Meditation Project Working Group will have a sounding board before publication of the book. This will also give the Comline much needed material so it can resume publishing.
- As the Copyright Release Form indicates, submittals may be edited, changed, or merged with similar submittals for clarity and brevity as necessary by the Meditation Book Working Group.
- Submittals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the sake of consistency, the following is the general writing format we will be using.
To get you started, here are two examples of submitted meditations:
- Start with a quote of a sentence or two from the Big Red Book and include the page number.
- Write a corresponding meditation of about 150-200 words using the 'we' voice.
- Cap things off with a sentence that the reader can hold on to for the rest of the day that starts with "On this day, I . . ."
- Submittals should not endorse another Twelve Step fellowship or combine the ACA message with the message of another Twelve Step fellowship or outside entity.
- Meditations should carry a clear ACA message that does not conflict with the ACA Twelve Steps, Traditions, or Concepts or other ACA Conference-Approved Literature.
- Quotes or references to recovery authors or similar sources should be avoided.
If you are able to be part of this exciting project, please send your Copyright Release Form as soon as possible. The more voices heard, the better the final result. And if you know of other ACAs who may be interested in this project, please share this information.
If you have any further questions, please send us an inquiry using the Contact Us form at www.adultchildren.org, selecting the ACA Meditation Book topic. You may also send questions to Mary Jo at email@example.com. If you don't generally have access to email, please send your inquiry to the WSO office at:
Atten: Meditation Committee
1400 E. 33rd Street
Signal Hill, Calif., 90755
We look forward to working with you on this amazing project.
Sincerely yours in service,
MaryJo, Meditation Book Project Trusted Servant
Larry A., Literature Chair, ACA WSO Trustee
From a space of love, I give service in ACA so that every adult child seeking recovery may find a safe place.