- “What is an H/ I Meeting? Hospitals and Institutions meetings are ACA meetings held in a treatment center, jail, prison, or other facility that houses adult children. Many members carry the ACA message into these facilities as part of their service work and personal program of recovery. At the same time, many ACA members began their program in one of these facilities.”
- “Treatment can be beneficial in breaking through the fog that obscures the effects of being raised in an unhealthy family. Many adult children enter a treatment facility voluntarily to be treated for an addiction or other problems. Once there, they often find out they suffer from the effects of being raised in an alcoholic or dysfunctional home.”
- “This is the program that saved my life. I owe this program and the people in it my life, my success, my money, and my joy. Because of my love for ACA, I have delivered meeting directories to every library, therapist’s office, Twelve Step recovery center, college and university health facility, counseling office, psychology department, business and government personnel office, and church in my city.”
- The Handbook Section of our fellowship text (p. 613-614) goes into detail about these types of scenarios and there are other pages of guidance ( 292, 613, 515, and 546).
- To get a meeting into a facility, click here and select WSO Hospitals and Institutions Committee
Post Office Box 811
Lakewood, CA 90714