- “Additionally, we try to answer calls to carry ACA’s message of hope into prisons, treatment centers, or mental health care facilities. Adult children are sent to prison every day for harming themselves or others. Still others have psychiatric problems so severe that they require hospitalization. Both the prisoner and the psychiatric patient are adult children and deserve to hear ACA’s message. Our program is mature enough, and our members are strong enough, to do this work within the guidelines we have established for these facilities.
- “Hospitals and Institutions meetings are ACA meetings held in a treatment center, jail, prison, or other facility that houses adult children. Many members carry the ACA message into these facilities as part of their service work and personal program of recovery. At the same time, many ACA members began their program in one of these facilities.”
- “ACA groups also carry the ACA message into prisons and treatment centers. This is rewarding service work. Through the Twelfth Step, we tell our stories and carry the message to future group members.”
- “With this book on adult children, we are suggesting that ACA has many of the answers to some of the most difficult and threatening mental health problems facing the world today.”
- The Handbook portion of our fellowship text (p. 613-614) gives full assistance for taking meetings into treatment centers .
WSO is carrying the message to the adult children who are helped by professionals and institutions and you can help!
In an effort to carry the message around the world, we are working to provide literature to those who work with adult children professionally. If there is anyone you know who is a professional who works with adult children or a facility that helps adult children, we are supplying free literature worldwide. If your therapist/social worker etc., could benefit, please let us know. Any professional who works with adult children can email for this. Any facility; a library, a university, a mental health clinic, etc., can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get this free ACA literature. Thank you for your good words and for helping to carry the message.
(From the fellowship text): As we carry our message to the public, we must remember that ACA is a viable and proven program that lines up nicely with 30 years of clinical and medical research on the disease of family dysfunction. No other fellowship addresses the body, mind, and spirit in the manner of ACA understanding. We don’t brag about our fellowship. Yet, we are a program that works for some of the most complex human conditions of the 21st Century. We have a proven solution that brings sure relief and real change. ACA is a way of life that fulfills a person emotionally and spiritually. As a fellowship, too, we can ask for what we need and get it. We can give respect and receive respect from helping professionals who would consider referring our program.
If you know of anyone who is institutionalized and is an adult child, they can receive ACA literature. If you are in a facility due to your adult issues, you can receive literature. You can arrange for an institution in your town to receive literature. A prison can have literature sent so it will be in their library for the inmates, a nursing home with adult children can receive literature as well as an adult child who is housed in a nursing home, or a rehab facility or a psyche ward, there are many institutions where adult children can receive literature and institutions that can qualify for the literature also for their staff and for their libraries. You can send an email to email@example.com to receive more information on how this works.
- There are many pages in the Fellowship Text that go into detail about these types of scenarios. (292, 613, 515, 546)