If your group has an idea to benefit ACA worldwide, submit it as a Proposal. ACA groups globally, will vote on Ballot Proposals beginning in February. The vote will help set the agenda of the WSO Annual Business Conference (ABC).
‘Crafting A Proposal’ workshops assist your group in fashioning a clear, compelling, and appropriate Proposal. Please join us at a Zoom meeting on August 19th and/or August 28th. Details posted at https://acawso.org/category/ballot-prep/.
A proposal may total no more than 600 words, formatted in four distinct parts:
- The Issue (50 words) – the specific action or change your group is seeking from WSO, written as a single, clear statement.
- The Background (250 words) – the explanation of your group’s reasoning behind the proposal and how the action or change may positively impact the global fellowship.
- Resources (150 words) – What resources (volunteers, material, skills) could your group provide to make this Proposal a success?
- Implementation (150 words) – Discuss the proposal with relevant WSO committees and offer any ideas for implementation from those discussions.
The following are some examples of types of proposals:
Group Autonomy Issues
Tradition 4 explains that questions of protocol fall under ‘group autonomy.’ Presently, the BPC contacts the submitting group, directing them to additional resources. The proposal is not placed on the ballot.
Proposal 2013-4: Submitted by FIN020
- Issue: Do you say the serenity prayer at the end of a meeting? We would like to know a collective opinion / group consciousness regarding how the meeting ends; with the serenity prayer or freely chosen by the groups?
First, Contact the Relevant Committee
Many issues and ideas find resolution when brought directly to a committee. We encourage groups to contact appropriate WSO committees directly to better understand their process and potentials.
Given the WSO Analysis, this proposal did not receive the votes to be added to the 2019 ABC Agenda.
Proposal 2019 – 2 Submitted by NY109
- Issue: We propose that . . . the ACA Bill of Rights become official ACA literature.
- WSO Analysis: This is already on the Literature Committee’s project list… Rather than use an existing one that is of unknown origin, WSO has begun forming a team to create our own…
If you have questions, or need help putting your idea in the appropriate format, please contact the Ballot Preparation Committee at [email protected].